Re: [Public WebGL] Should WebGLContextAttributes be a callback interface?

Boris Zbarsky:
Hmm.  Why not?  There's definitely nothing in the spec about that, and
it's not clear to me why one couldn't have a function returning an
instance of a callback interface in general....

(I added something in the time between my mail and yours...)

(Not that I have an objection to using dictionaries here, I don't think;
just trying to understand the overall implications.)

Well, callback interfaces are meant to be for JS to provide a bunch of callback-like properties and functions. I suppose it's not out of the question to allow it to be returned from an operation. And it would be consistent with being able to return a callback function type.

Would a DOM object be able to create and return its own objects that implement callback interfaces? I think that blurs the lines between callback and non-callback interfaces. But we could allow it to return a reference to an existing callback interface object that script created and passed in.