Re: [Public WebGL] Re: WebGL IDL for uniform1fv is not valid WebIDL

Boris Zbarsky:
As an example, if the spec says to get the elements from the input thing
one by one in order to construct the IDL array, then grabbing a float*
from an input typed array would have observably different behavior in
situations where the page has defined a property getter for an indexed
property on the typed array object in question.  Unless the WebIDL
indexed access takes priority over user-defined properties, which I
think it might for the moment.

You're right about that btw; if an object implements an interface that supports indexed properties, then its [[GetOwnProperty]] internal method will never look at the prototype for array index properties, and you can also not create own array index properties on the object. So I believe the optimisation that Glenn mentions is possible. But I think the right thing here might be to make the changes to distinguishability to make this overloading valid.