Re: [Public WebGL] OT: exception handling

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Gregg Tavares (勤) <gman@google.com> wrote:
It's not hard at all. I've pointed out the simple rules. I've updated 20+ sites to handle context lost. It was exceedingly trivial.
Please document that publicly. We really need this.

There is no way to handle this transparently. Even if you save off all resources (textures, buffers, programs, shader) you can't save off renderbuffers or textures being rendered to.
Eventually graphics hardware will have to handle this transparently. It just doesn't right now. Even so, how do you imagine the bright GPGPU future coming around when a users work could vanish into thin air at any time? It's not gonna work, so either GPUs grow up or GPGPU doesn't happen because users can't use it to do work.