Re: [Public WebGL] OT: exception handling

What would be beneficial is to have a few high-profile apps/demos updated to handle context loss and have the authors blog about the process. It's been something that's been bugging me for a while, so I'd be happy to give it a try with the Quake 3 demo. It would be nice to see someone talk about context loss recovery with a Three.js/other framework app as well, since that's what most WebGL content currently consists of. I think working it into some of the LearningWebGL tutorials would also go a long ways, since that's where a lot of new developers are directed to start.

I'm totally with Florian in saying that context loss is a terrible, horrible thing to push onto developers, but as long as we're stuck with it we may as well try and make sure that the issue has high visibility (which it does not right now).

--Brandon