Re: [Public WebGL] hint(GENERATE_MIPMAP_HINT, *) never positively tested?

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Jeff Gilbert <jgilbert@mozilla.com> wrote:

I am just fixing a bug where Firefox always generates INVALID_ENUM for perfectly valid calls to hint(GENERATE_MIPMAP_HINT, [FASTEST, NICEST, DONT_CARE]). The tests appear to check that invalid calls to hint() generate INVALID_ENUM, but they must not be checking if it ever works. Since this is a hint, and can always be silently ignored, should this be allowed to fail?

I don't see how you can reliably test that a hint "worked" (as in, has an effect on rendering), but it could test for INVALID_ENUM when given a symbol that isn't in its accepted set. Beyond that, no, there really shouldn't be any testing of the results.