Re: [Public WebGL] Requirements for bufferData don't make sense given the IDL

On 2012-04-02 20:01, Gregg Tavares (勤) wrote:

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

In particular, it says:

 If the passed data is null then an INVALID_VALUE error is generated.

But the IDL declarations for this method don't allow |data| to be null; an attempt to pass null will throw during the WebIDL overload resolution algorithm.  Was this requirement meant to be on bufferSubData (which does allow null to be passed)?  Or is bufferData supposed to have an overload that allows null?

bufferData should (and does) take null
bufferSubData does not take null

I agree that is how it should be, but last time I checked you cannot pass the conformance test unless bufferSubData accepts null. I just tried to update the spec to match what the conformance tests require, but this is something I think everyone agrees should change.

//Tim