[Public WebGL] Re: WebGL IDL for uniform1fv is not valid WebIDL

I want to allow object with indexed properties to be passed to objects
expecting a sequence<T> or T[] type, so that you can do for example:

void f(sequence<Node> nodes);

and be able to pass in a JS Array of Node objects or a NodeList. I make
interfaces with indexed properties not distinguishable from sequences
and arrays so that there isn't a value that would match both types.

Or you could make it distinguishable and check for the right interface before trying the generic conversion.

I think removing the Float32Array overload will make passing JS Arrays
of Numbers and Float32Array objects work.

But require copies in the process, no? That seems highly undesirable in this case.

But note that *any* object
that has indexed properties will be allowed to be passed here, e.g. a
Uint8Array. If we want to disallow that, then I think that is
incompatible with the NodeList example above.

Not if we place requirements on the return values of the indexed properties or something. But that can get complicated.

But if we're fine with
Uint8Array being passed in and matching the float[] overload

That seems up to the WebGL folks here.....

then just
changing those types to be distinguishable, and making the argument
resolution algorithm match the specific interface types before the
"catch all" array/sequence types should work.

Indeed.

-Boris

----------------------------------------------------------- You are currently subscribed to public_webgl@khronos.org. To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@khronos.org with the following command in the body of your email: unsubscribe public_webgl -----------------------------------------------------------