Re: [Public WebGL] Shared resources between contexts

I'm also interested in shared contexts or multiple render target canvases.  My use case is multiple windows with different views of a globe.  For example, one canvas may have a full world view, while another canvas is zoomed in on an individual aircraft or satellite model; or, there may be two canvases with the same aircraft model viewed from two different angles: from the pilot's perspective and a third-person view.

I'd like to hear more about the multiple render target canvases idea.  However, on desktop OpenGL, multiple contexts are often used with multithreading, so if there is ever a possibility of creating WebGL resources on webworkers, perhaps shared contexts will be necessary.

Patrick
--
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~pcozzi/