Re: [Public WebGL] Shared resources between contexts

I'll quickly mention my own since it's relevant. I hope to make my engine interoperable with other webgl engines / middleware. I'd like to work with existing webgl objects like shader programs etc without needing to know about any specific context. It would make my life significantly easier (and my API simpler) to use objects without regard for the context that created them and matching that to whichever context I want to use them with.

(That said, I do have one worry that multiple libraries working with the same WebGL resources might interfere with each other in strange ways - destroying a resource for example. However, I believe that this probably isn't a problem meant to be solved by the WebGL spec)