Re: [Public WebGL] Shared resources between contexts

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Rehno Lindeque <rehno.lindeque@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the feeling on the list for making shared resources available to multiple WebGL contexts?
It'd be useful to think of usecases I think. So I'll start:

1. Doing any kind of editor or application that shows the same information in multiple views embedded in some form of HTML layout
2. HUD elements of games (like say an overview map) overlayed on the main content inside HTML elements
3. Making use of multiple non-continous monitor layouts by way of opening a popup window and accessing its window/document.

I'm not sure resource sharing is the answer to these use-cases. Please contribute other ideas for use-cases and comment weather you think those use cases are the proper place for resource sharing.