Re: [Public WebGL] Comments on Dec 20th draft

On Dec 21, 2011, at 11:56 PM, Mark Callow wrote:

On 22/12/2011 07:31, Kenneth Russell wrote:
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
Agreed. I think that we should remove the non-normative style from the
introduction. ...

Chris, what would you think about making that change?

Another alternative would be to make the last two paragraphs of the
introduction normative, but that would be odd -- the first
non-normative text in the spec would be that discussing OpenGL ES 2.0
manual pages.
I agree that removing the non-normative style is the better choice.
But the first two paragraphs of the spec are non-normative. It would be inappropriate not to mark them as such. We could simplify the non-normative marking to what HTML5 does, if the current style seems too busy. But the HTML5 spec always has a section heading on non-normative sections, while we often have non-normative paragraphs added to normative sections. So I like the way set set the non-normative text off currently and I don't think we should change it.

-----
~Chris