Re: [Public WebGL] Help with the WebGL Context Lost specification

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
Fixed. Do we need a new reference? Is this definition contained in any
of the existing references?

"Queue a task" and the concept of task sources is defined in HTML, which is already being normatively referenced for the definitions of HTMLImageElement/HTMLVideoElement/HTMLCanvasElement, so I don't think you need any new references.

> The task source for queued events needs to be defined: "The task source for
> these tasks is the WebGL task source."  I'm not sure where that should go;
> it affects the API globally.

If you could suggest where to place this I'd appreciate it.

It looks like currently there are two invocations of "queue a task" in the spec in the same section. Here I'd suggest borrowing some language from HTML and saying:

The task source for all tasks queued in this section is the WebGL task source.

You don't need to do anything else in order to define a task source other than reference it, they are a spec-only concept and not exposed via any APIs.

- James