Re: [Public WebGL] Help with the WebGL Context Lost specification

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
> From my point of view as an implementer interested in having a simpler implementation, I think I would support that, as it would remove the special "context lost but no webgl call made since" state that the current spec creates.

I don't think there's any state like that in the current spec.  The change I suggested was meant to be a clearer description of what's already done, not a functional change.  Can you explain what you mean?
The current spec says (IIUC) that the first WebGL call, and only the first call, following a context loss, should generate an WEBGL_CONTEXT_LOST error.

So IIUC it requires the implementation to keep track of whether a WebGL call was already made since the context loss.

Benoit