Re: [Public WebGL] framebuffer-object-attachment test is not passable

On 03/12/11 01:07 PM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
I forgot to mention a significant change in the version that I checked
in, compared to what I attached to this email. After I fixed the typo
you pointed out, I started getting failures as my NVIDIA 275 driver on
linux x86-64 generates FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED in the "Attach stencil
using STENCIL_ATTACHMENT" case, where we have a color buffer and a
stencil buffer but no depth buffer.

I am not familiar enough with these things to decide whether this is a
driver bug, or a legitimate implementation-dependent case.

By the way, the NVIDIA 190.42 driver (which we still use on Mozilla's Linux test machines) returns FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT in that case, but I don't want to adapt the test to that because that's a clear driver bug: all attachments have nonzero dimensions and have format compatible with their attachment point.

The behavior of the NVIDIA 275 driver is more plausible as FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED is specifically for implementation-dependent cases. That's why I adapted the test to it.

Cheers,
Benoit