Re: [Public WebGL] GPU locking up laptop

For the current version of Chrome, can I turn it off in script?  If so, how?

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Mo, Zhenyao <zhenyao@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the reason Chrome has this problem and Firefox doesn't is
because multisampling is on in Chrome and off in Firefox.

I tested on my laptop.  Once I turn off multisampling, I don't
experience the same issue.

You could download the latest build here
http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/continuous/?C=N;O=D

And run chrome with --disable-gl-multisampling.

I agree it's an issue the browser should handle with, that no matter
how heavy the GPU computation is, it shouldn't lock up browser or OS.

For now, you could change your demo and request a canvas with antialias:false.