[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Public WebGL] Question about Strings from TypedArrays
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [Public WebGL] Question about Strings from TypedArrays
- From: Jeff Schiller <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:31:31 -0800
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Kenneth Russell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta; t=1297816293; bh=bSkuW+9uncWFdundzt5UJfX1aAM=; h=MIME-Version:Date:Message-ID:Subject:From:To:Cc:Content-Type; b=G8972/G8/oMZthoGxmtNf9x9CM0y4hEqWUo1ZndTg3H7+QJgkRUNL878n7eUqJZld aY9Zt824+yXEgHSclcJ0w==
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc :content-type; bh=txidYbgw+HEv8cUcvPK2klIy5U9e5xsvKy3KpbeCrwA=; b=RUff0iJLsu/B85ojWRUI//5OspiPErYfgXt7bpXOS7AtpzOa6SrEnZxHBi9e1ZRA+R dwl+K8MLzBezJLyaj/8g==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=google.com; s=beta; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; b=QNcELxh3Fddgeujk12qDSmdYzPsj3/X3fTv0IOHQoNARnGmGwVQvfWDyPiNeUTB/AY ZERWmLL//lXMNrlHIZ/A==
- List-id: Public WebGL Mailing List <public_webgl.khronos.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
I really liked the TypedArray spec. Excited to see two browser vendors beginning to support it.
I'd like to resurrect the discussions around conversion of Strings from/to TypedArrays . I take it from internal discussions with Kenneth that nothing has happened yet on this front. Caveat upfront: I am not a browser developer, I'm a front-end web developer.
I found out the following hack works in Firefox 4:
var bb = new Uint8Array(new ArrayBuffer(10));
bb = 65;
bb = 66;
bb = 67;
But this doesn't work in Chrome, unfortunately. I'm not sure which browser is following the letter of the ECMAScript spec there.
What do you folks think of something as straightforward as this: