[Public WebGL] JavaScript matrix libraries really 5x faster in Minefield than Chrome?

Title: JavaScript matrix libraries really 5x faster in Minefield
Are _javascript_ matrix libraries suitable for WebGL programming really 5x faster in Minefield than Chrome ... and about twice asfast in Chrome than in a WebKit nightly?

This is what I found with an adaptation of with Brandon Jones's benchmarks in his glmatrix library: https://glmatrix.googlecode.com/hg/

See the data below ...

I was working with the _javascript_ graphing library flotr and wanting to pick a matrix library for some webgl work so I adapted the benchmarks Brandon Jones created in his glmatrix library: https://glmatrix.googlecode.com/hg/.

My changes include:
- I'm only including the benchmarks.
- I've updated to the latest mjs as of Dec 15: 16:8e5b0944ef1e and included it in several more tests.
- I've also added a graph display of the results using flotr, see: http://solutoire.com/flotr/

My fork of these benchmarks are available here: https://github.com/stepheneb/webgl-matrix-benchmarks

And you can run them in a browser with webgl at this url: http://stepheneb.github.com/webgl-matrix-benchmarks/matrix_benchmark.html

[The somewhat lame reason this is a fork is that it was taking me longer thanI wanted using mercurial (don't use hg much) to follow the typical workflow I use on github, fork a repo, push my changes into a branch and send a pull request to the original developer ...]

The following data were generated on a MacBook Pro running MacOS X 10.6.6 with a 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 and a NVIDIA GeForce GT330M 512MB

Google Chrome 9.0.597.102

WebKit nightly 78038

Minefield 4.0b12pre (2011-02-13)