Re: [Public WebGL] Chrome stable linux

----- Original Message -----
> On 02/13/2011 09:26 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:

Yes, the current state of this code is still to block all 260.19. This will change during the next days, it's unclear atm how this will end up, because these NVIDIA crashes are of a very weird nature (most of them don't have a useful stack trace).

> glxinfo says:
> OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 6800/AGP/SSE2
> OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 260.19.36
>
> The "webgl.force-enabled" flag doesn't turn it back on either.

Indeed, on linux, the blacklist is implemented at a different level, so the only way to bypass it is to define the environment variable

   MOZ_GLX_IGNORE_BLACKLIST

as is explained in the output, when you run firefox from a terminal.

All of that will change in Firefox 5, but, as was discussed earlier, implementing blacklists in the same way on Linux as we do on other platforms is very nontrivial.

Benoit