Re: [Public WebGL] Chrome stable linux

Hmmm - I agree.  There is a problem.

Chrome has certainly worked reasonably well for me over the past couple
of months - but today, http://get.webgl.org reports that Chrome doesn't
support WebGL on my Linux/nVidia box.

I don't use this machine a lot - and when I do, I tend to use
Firefox/Minefield - so I don't recall when Chrome last worked for me.

Firefox's nightly build 4.0b12pre (2011-02-11) works OK - and
http://get.webgl.org confirms that.  (Hey Mozilla guys...how about an
"about:gpu" page?)

So, John...switch to Firefox and you should be OK.

Details - for those who care:

Setting --disable-gpu-blacklist didn't do a thing...but I suspect that
the GPU isn't being detected correctly in the first place.

I'm running Chrome 9.0.597.84 on Linux SuSE 11.3 (64 bit) using an
antique nVidia card that I keep around for low-end testing.  glxinfo
reports it as:

  OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 6800/AGP/SSE2
  OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 260.19.12

...but under Chrome, the "about:gpu" page says:

*Initialization time* 	1498
*Vendor ID* 	0x10de
*Device ID* 	0x0041
*Driver Version*