Re: [Public WebGL] RequestAnimationFrame stops updating after hitting a breakpoint

I'll ask.

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Mikko Mononen <mikko@tinkercad.com> wrote:

Hi,

I just recently updated our code to use requestAnimationFrame()
instead of a timer. I'm using the wrapper available from WebGL FAQ
(http://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/FAQ). The wrapper finds and uses
"webkitRequestAnimationFrame".

If I hit a breakpoint inside the render function, step through some
code and press continue, the screen stops updating (sometimes the
browser aww-snaps too). I call requestAnimationFrame() the first thing
when entering the rendering function. I'm using Chrome 10.0.648.18
dev, OSX 10.6.6 and ATI HD2600.

Is this a bug, or something I have to live with, and if so is there
some workaround to this?

--mikko

--
Mikko Mononen, Software Engineer