[Public WebGL] max instruction slots?

Is there any way to query directly or indirectly the maximum number of arithmetic instruction slots?  As far as I can tell there isn't any way to query for this information.  We have code that on certain graphics hardware fails to compile a shader with the error message "Compiled shader code uses too many arithmetic instructions slots".

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.