Re: [Public WebGL] opengl to webgl

Urgh!  Stoopidly named project!  It's really "eMscripteN"...my bad.

   http://code.google.com/p/emscripten/

The idea is that you compile your program (in any of half a dozen
languages - but including C and C++) using the GNU compiler suite (gcc,
g++, etc) and tell it to generate "LLVM bitcode" - which is an
intermediate machine-code-like language ("Low Level Virtual Machine").

emscripten takes the LLVM code and converts it (with optimization) into
JavaScript.

So, just like magic, you can take your dusty old Fortran source code for
Collosal Cave and run it in a browser!

...well, that's the theory anyway!  I haven't played with it.  I have no
idea whether it works well or not.

There is a demo of the Lua interpreter and the CPython
interpreter...compiled using gcc...converted from LLVM and into
Javascript and running on a web site...so you can type in Lua code and
see it run right there in your browser!

Someone on the Mozilla blog site said that they had used it to convert
the "Bullet" physics engine into JavaScript.   That's a gigantic C++
library - and if this approach really did that, then it's a pretty
impressive thing.

(Sorry about the typo...twice!)

  -- Steve