Re: [Public WebGL] determining depth of z-buffer

Yep, you can call

   gl.getParameter(gl.DEPTH_BITS)

to obtain the number of bits of depth precision.  (Similarly with RED/GREEN/BLUE/ALPHA.)  Note that this returns the bits of the currently bound FBO, so if you're using FBOs, make sure that you're querying the right FBO (or null to get the backbuffer).

   - Vlad