Re: [Public WebGL] black patches in background

> I have some users on Windows XP who report black patches and artifacts in
> the background on this visualization:
> http://visual-demos.dev.concord.org/seasons/earth/index.html
>
> They report using MW Windows XP Professional on an HP AMD Athlon II P320
> with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2450 Graphics
> cardswith700 MB memory on Chrome 9.0.597.83 beta.

I can repro it on Firefox 4b11pre (last nights build) in WinXP with an
nVidia card...so it's not just that setup that has problems.

The problem looks a lot like Z-fighting.

> Anybody know what is causing this and if there is anything I can do about
> it?

Probably you are drawing your "sky" polygons too close to the far clip
plane.  You'll want to either at least halve the size of the "sky" model -
or at least double your far-z value...or both!

  -- Steve