[Public WebGL] Flat shading without vertex duplication?

Hello list!
This is probably not the best place for this question so I apologize in advance.

Is there a way in WebGL (and OpenGL ES) to do Flat shading without sending all vertices for every triangle?
>From what I managed to find, people do this either with dFdx,dFdy which are not available or with "flat" varying which is only a GLSL 1.3 thing.
I have a rather big model I would really prefer to avoid duplicating every vertex for every triangle.