Re: [Public WebGL] 400 Gflops in your home PC!

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Evgeny Demidov
<demidov@ipm.sci-nnov.ru> wrote:
> Thanks to Lars Nyland (NVIDIA) I've got 400 Gflops in N-Body simulations
> after replacing 4096x1 textures by 64x64 ones. 20 times speedup!
> http://www.ibiblio.org/e-notes/webgl/gpu/n-toy.html
> It is similar to the CAL based simulations and performance may be twiced by
> the loop-unrolling technique. N-Body is an amazing but a little special
> application.

That's very cool.

While running it slows down my Mac significantly. Please look at the
source code for the animated demos in the WebGL demo repository at
http://khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Demo_Repository and the WebGL samples at
http://code.google.com/p/webglsamples/ . These use
mozRequestAnimationFrame and variants to prevent swamping the web
browser with rendering requests in case the graphics card can't keep
up with the work being issued.