Re: [Public WebGL] ESSL 3.5 Comments Compliance

On 2011/01/15 14:23, Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:
if you know your driver is happy with UTF8. On desktop you can't know that but you can on embedded systems.

How? ESSL spec. does not allow UTF8. Even if some embedded implementations allow UTF8 in comments (do they?) you can't extrapolate that to all implementations.

Because removing all the UTF8 before complication seems impossible without real preprocessing. If we are allowing UTF8 then this is valid

#define OPTION "二番"

#if OPTION == "二番"
#else
#endif
Why are we suddenly talking about allowing UTF8 in non-comments?

Regards

-Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
org:HI Corporation;Middleware Development
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660