Re: [Public WebGL] ESSL 3.5 Comments Compliance

Replacing each comment character with a space preserves column information as well. :-)  This won't work so well for UTF-8, but well, figuring out width of UTF-8 characters is kind of unpleasant.

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

On Jan 14, 2011, at 9:40 PM, Steve Baker wrote:

> Just a thought - is some care being taken to preserve line numbering
> through this?
>
> When errors are generated by the lower levels of
> verification/compilation after comment stripping has happened, it's
> important that they line up with the original code.

We should be able to preserve newlines and reduce each comment to a single space. That should preserve line numbers

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com