Re: [Public WebGL] N-Body simulation on GPU

Please also see Issue #95 http://code.google.com/p/angleproject/issues/detail?id=95

Contributions welcome.
Daniel

On 2011-01-14, at 3:35 AM, Ben Vanik wrote:

Looking at the ANGLE code, MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS is hardcoded
to 0. Are there plans to support it in the future? (besides the
obvious reason of the extra effort) was there a reason it was omitted?
Thinking known compatibility issues, etc.

DX9 requires SM3 to use vertex textures and it looks like it wouldn't
be too hard to - when SM3 is present - support the samplers in the
vertex shaders.
Would people be interested/supportive of me getting this into ANGLE?
I've got some animation system work I'd love to do that could take
advantage of this, and have been itching to make some contributions to
ANGLE :)

--
Ben Vanik
http://www.noxa.org

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Evgeny Demidov