Re: [Public WebGL] Odd error trying to initialize shaders in chrome dev

> If possible, share with me a piece of shader source that caused this
> error.  I can have a look.

As far as I can tell from the shaders that failed and the ones that
didn't, literally any comment in a shader that contains either a single or
double quote character will cause it to barf with a premature EOF error in
both Chrome and Safari.

This comment line failed:

   // Using Von Neumann's "middle-square" method.  Which is

...so did this:

   // Using Von NeumannXs "middle-square" method.  Which is

...and this:

   // Using Von Neumann's Xmiddle-squareX method.  Which is

...this one worked

   // Using Von NeumannXs Xmiddle-squareX method.  Which is

I checked using a hex-dump and there are no fancy multi-byte
internationalized characters...no high-bit-set wierdness...not even so
much as a control-character!!  Just good old-fashioned 7 bit American
Standard Code for Information Interchange - character codes 0x22 and 0x2C.

  -- Steve