Re: [Public WebGL] OES_standard_derivatives

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Ben Vanik <ben.vanik@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was curious what the status of this extension was, or if it would
> even be an extension (and not just built in as part of the spec -
> which would be preferable).
>
> I've got some free cycles and some things I want to build that rely on
> this - if no one else is working on it, I'd love to contribute!

There was agreement at the last WebGL face-to-face that we should
specify this extension and add it to the extension registry at
http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/doc/spec/extensions/ . (View the
comments in the source of that page to see the ones that are already
planned.) If you'd be willing to write it up and submit a patch to the
registry, that would be great.

-Ken