Re: [Public WebGL] Odd error trying to initialize shaders in chrome dev

Hell yes you need to "relax" that!  It's nuts that you can't use simple
ASCII characters in comments.  I can't think of another language on the
planet that doesn't allow it!  It would be a constant pain in the butt for
programmers who just want to type a comment in normal, plain English who
will forget once in a while and get some kind of cryptic error (EOF in
shader - doesn't exactly convey "You have a quote in your comment").

Not to mention things like company lawyers who demand that I place a very
specific copyright/disclaimer at the top of every file - and if they
happened to use a quote in that text, it could take a month and a thousand
dollars in <s>blood-sucking</s> lawyer fees to get an alternative version
without the quotes approved.  If you ever need to write a shader for the
government...well, <s>don't</s> dont get me started on that!

WebGL is fragile enough as it is - let's not make it unnecessarily worse.

Anyway - I've removed the quotes from my shaders - but only under protest!

  :-)

  -- Steve