Re: [Public WebGL] Odd error trying to initialize shaders in chrome dev

My best guess is the presence of the quote in the shader's comments.
Chrome and Safari have recently begun rejecting shaders that contain
characters outside the ESSL character set, even if they are in
comments. There's another ongoing thread discussing this change in
behavior.

Perhaps we should relax this behavior. We could filter out comments
before testing the shader for characters outside the legal set.

-Ken