Re: [Public WebGL] My game hits the streets!

Yeah - as gameplay goes, it's kinda superficial.  The poker
"game-within-a-game" is still persistently buggy. We just ran out of
time at the end.  We're planning to do more work on that and get a fully
fixed up version in time for the IndiePubGames competition next month.
The Mozilla contest was a great opportunity to get the word out, test
the server under realistic loads and find out where the bugs are.

What's really frustrating (although it's understandable) is that the
contest rules don't allow you to fix bugs for the several weeks that the
judging takes...so every tiny issue that pops up drives you nuts...you
just know that a one line change someplace would fix it...but you're not
allowed to do it!

BarFight was never originally intended to be an actual game at all -
it's more a test of the technology and a way to exercise our engine.  We
designed it to be the "lobby" area for our future turn-based games
site.   Someplace where you can come and hang out - chat about the games
- find someone to play against - buy/trade in-game stuff...and also play
poker and smash chairs over their heads!  The chat server keeps
conversations at tables in the saloon restricted to just the people
sitting there (unless you stick an '@all' in front to yell to everyone)
- and that's precisely so people can "meet" there and have reasonable
conversations.

The doorways on the top balcony will eventually lead off to other games.

The control style is really a reflection of all that - you can tell your
avatar to go walk all the way across the room and sit at a table - and
he'll get on with it and leave your hands free to type messages, etc.

  -- Steve