Re: [Public WebGL] some samples and a question about looping

Sorry that my sample crashed your computer :(

The warning was made for a problem that is now "fixed" (the sample
stops rendering with onblur event). Your crash happened for different
reason. I can think of the following causes for your problem:
 * I assume you used ANGLE. Then the "ray marching" loop gets unfolded
and some heavy optimization pass is applied to this unfolded program.
The driver might run out of memory and crash because of that.
 * The driver succeeds in generating the program and then tries to
upload to into GPU, but the program is too large or otherwise bad.
 * The draw call takes too long time and the driver crashes because of this.

The refraction sample seems to have problems on older GPUs and also
Arrandale IGP. I don't have access to old hardware, but perhaps if I
can fix it for Arrandale then it will work everywhere. (The problems
seem quite different though: on Arrandale there seems to be some
clipping issue and on GeForce 7800GT it was just a complete mess).

VTF is Vertex Texture Fetch, I think it is supported on your GPU, but
my samples are probably too heavy for that GPU anyway. When I tested
these samples on a GeForce 7800GT I was surprised to find out how much
slower it was than my Mobility Radeon HD 5650. Modern designs just
have so much more processing units. Hopefully I'll someday have time
to make the samples more scalable (of course portable syntax for
variable length loops would help there).

-- Sami