Re: [Public WebGL] some samples and a question about looping

Hi Mark,

I understand the desire to protect graphics vendors' interests by
making hardware limitation inquiries anonymous. Could you tell us
anything about the nature of these shader-limited GPUs? Are they
currently being manufactured? Are they 2 years old? 5 years? Desktop?
Phone?

If these GPUs are deployed in devices with sub-1GHz CPUs, I have a
hard time believing that these devices will ever run WebGL content
acceptably due to JavaScript's inherent inefficiency.

When WebGL starts to take off in a year or two, how old will these
minimally ES2 GPUs be? Will the owners of these devices expect WebGL
to work on a 5 year old cell phone?

I look forward to your reply.

Kindly,

David Sheets