[Public WebGL] Minefield compositor issue...maybe?

I'm seeing a bunch of odd symptoms with the last few Minefield nightlies
on Linux 64bit.

Firstly, I suspect a memory leak or something because repeatedly
reloading my game causes it to start running more and more slowly.
Exiting & restarting the browser fixes that.

But more weirdly, the frame rate that I'm seeing in software (using
essentially the same code that many of the demos use to measure it) is
actually getting FASTER while the displayed graphics are going slower!?!

My best guess is that the compositor has somehow decided not to bother
recompositing the page quite so often - so the image LOOKS jerky...but
the WebGL rendering loop now has more time available (because we're
doing less compositing) and actually speeds up - producing a higher FPS
reading!

Is this even possible?

Eventually, the game graphics stop being updated at all - but I can tell
(by monitoring server activity) that the Javascript is still looping.

  -- Steve