[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Public WebGL] Weird alpha issue.
- To: Benoit Jacob <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] Weird alpha issue.
- From: Steve Baker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 12:14:08 -0500
- Cc: public webgl <email@example.com>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=sjbaker.org; h=message-id :date:from:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; s=sjbaker.org; bh=Gk8YO hgGagLg91XEj7g5ngXPGKQ=; b=CanvZj2eFDhV+B5p1YvVknQN2hSOUHTcO4jWE YHuDvWV4ILDJAvr9aOWJGgfXcYs9+JUckZoPUgSXIPBS0KDti24CFurvoOVQ7S6O MbAHI3ZWb4Llk2sg0V2QtkvB/3GQ/DjKCeTaxOAYb3txrOepFnR5bbqVbegLkViR lcDf9c=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=sjbaker.org; h=message-id:date :from:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; q=dns; s=sjbaker.org; b=EO3rqv/C8wAYeHFcUd1+ybT71K1tVW3jnikZoeDZjZwC0SDlM4FRpeVvFmCHs r+MtZWXeyf1KnmGbXbZ4PFSvyPrEedw2QDlVtKoOuZXuj0p923kcviBRgG4Zm/MK QI1pN59e4lpwoLfgzu3OvrAZqPu9nHZXO+l3xd0hLkD9z0=
- In-reply-to: <829018550.234007.1288540667088.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <829018550.234007.1288540667088.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100520 SUSE/3.0.5 Thunderbird/3.0.5
Holy crap! I didn't expect *THAT*!
So - I make a super-simple "test-app" version of my game (in another
directory) and it produces white smoke where the main app generates
dark. Next, I start to make my test application more and more like the
real application and the smoke stubbornly stays white (ie it looks the
same in Chrome as it does in Minefield).
Eventually, I have PRECISELY the same lines of code in the test-app and
the real-app - the same textures, the same shaders, the same absolutely
everything. And they still look different!! I have NO clue WTF is
making these two apps different.
Er...except for the HTML that hosts the web page has:
<body bgcolor="#000000"> in the 'real application'
<body> in the 'test
And lo and behold - when I change the HTML background color, the color
of the smoke changes! So it looks like the problem is in the
I kinda suspect that I'm somehow getting a "destination alpha" frame
buffer in Minefield and no "destination alpha" in Chrome - so when I
write my translucent polygons into the frame buffer, I'm making the
resulting canvas have translucent bits! Maybe that makes the
compositor blend in the HTML page's background wherever I write my
I'm doing more experiments. I tried taking the SDK demo program
"sdk/demos/google/particles" and changing the HTML background to black -
but that didn't make a difference...so it's obviously a little more
complicated than just that.
Man - it's been about a decade since I last messed with destination
alpha! I'm going to have to dust off my ancient copy of the "Red Book"
and try to kick my memory into life!
You are currently subscribed to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the following command in the body of your email: