Re: [Public WebGL] Weird alpha issue.

Todays' version:

    Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:2.0b8pre)
Gecko/20101031 Firefox/4.0b8pre

...didn't fix anything.

Stripping my application to the bone in one giant step made the problem
"go away" - so I'm going to have to go in and incrementally remove stuff
until I see what's triggering it.

You asked:

> Could it be a color correction / gamma issue? There has been lots of
> recent discussion on this list about color correction, but Minefield
> still doesn't implement any of that. If Chromium does, that could
> explain differences.

Unless the gamma handling is somehow different for translucent textures
- then I'd say no.  The rest of the image colors are the same in both
browsers.

    http://www.sjbaker.org/tmp/smoke_differences.png

The problem seems to be confined to translucent maps.

  -- Steve