Re: [Public WebGL] Standard place with advice for end-users.

There is a standard page already.

http://get.webgl.org

There is work on making it better.

The current thinking is it will eventually detect your browser and send you to a browser specific page if that browser supports WebGL and your version doesn't. If you browser doesn't support WebGL at all it would display a list of browsers.

In other words, if you're running Safari it would take you to a Safari or Webkit page (Apple's discretion). If you're running Opera it would take you to an Opera page (Opera's discretion), If Firefox to a Mozilla page, if Chrome to a Chrome page. Otherwise it would put up a page telling you to choose one of the above or something like that.

I was hoping to provide an example library on how and when to use it but I'm waiting for the spec to settle on how a page is supposed to detect the difference between "Your browser doesn't support WebGL", "Your browser supports WebGL but your hardware doesn't". "Your browser supports WebGL, your hardware does, but you don't have enough resources". etc.. Once that part of the spec is in and we have an implementation we can write a sample function to do this.

All of the samples at http://webglsample.googlecode.com currently redirect to http://get.webgl.org. I'm in the process of switching the other demos hosted on Khronos to do the same.

-g