Re: [Public WebGL] Standard place with advice for end-users.

Mo, Zhenyao wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Steve Baker <steve@sjbaker.org> wrote:
>
>> Something that my mother could easily manage!
>>
>> Something hosted someplace stable enough that we'd have a reasonable
>> expectation that it would still be there (say) 5 years from now.
>>
> We could host such page on khronos.
>
> The page should also do some analysis like your browser, browser's
> version, etc, to make the suggestions simpler and hopefully easier for
> our dear Moms.

Yep - that's what I had in mind...something like the Flash update site does.

    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Hopefully - after a few years - everyone will have a WebGL-capable
browser and the need for this will diminish.  But I'm particularly
thinking ahead to the traffic bump that's likely to happen in
mid-January when the Mozilla "Game On 2010" contest ends and a bazillion
people try to play the resulting games...almost all of those people will
be running older browsers.  It would be bad if WebGL got a reputation
for being difficult to install from the outset.  Providing the "One True
Place" to fix that would be a good thing.

  -- Steve