Re: [Public WebGL] ArrayBuffer, Concatenation and String-Array Conversion, a proposal

> The question here is why isn't there a function for doing these conversions between JavaScript Strings and Arrays? I suppose the answer is that it's not common enough; storing a unicode value in an array isn't done very much.

I think it will be.

My use case here would be to send, as single  JSON file, a complete 3d model in a format parsable by javascript. In the ideal case, that 3d model could include shader code, and binary data. JSON can be parsed using the built-in accelerated function for doing so, but then you need a way of transforming likely large blocks of text to array buffers.