Re: [Public WebGL] New Rendering Pipeline ?

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:43, Vladimir Vukicevic <vladimir@mozilla.com> wrote:
What does NaCl have to do with WebGL, or for that matter, with Direct3D?  It is, AFAIK, currently primarily an API for Chrome OS extensibility, so neither WebGL nor Direct3D apply... (we might be getting a little off topic here...)

Nope NaCl is supposed to work with any Chrome browser, not only Chrome OS.

Both NaCl and WebGL are implementing (to some extent) OpenGL ES 2.0 in the browser, they share a lot of similar constraints when it comes to safety / portability ; Chrome browser, a WebGL implementation, might even share quite a bit of backend code between these two APIs.

IMHO it is interesting to learn how and why NaCl can fully implement ES 2.0 without subtle limitations when WebGL cannot, isn't it ?

Of course if NaCl on Windows Chrome is _not_ supposed to ever run on top of Direct3D/Angle then my question is moot and I apologize for the being a bit off-topic.

Regards,