Re: [Public WebGL] New Rendering Pipeline ?

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 02:13, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
The differences between WebGL and OpenGL ES 2.0, which were intended
to allow it to run on top of D3D, are in the WebGL specification.

May be off-topic but I could not find any similar document for Native Client's OpenGL ES 2.0 ?
I assume both WebGL and NaCl's ES 2.0 could be using the same backend therefore NaCl's ES 2.0 should have the same limitations ?
Afaik NaCl documentation currently pretends to be "pure" ES 2.0.

Any insight on this ? Kenneth ? Gregg ?
To use the OpenGL ES 2.0 name or mark an implementation is supposed to pass the OpenGL 2.0 ES conformance tests. So NaCl (a.k.a. salt) ought to be "pure" ES 2.0. If it is not, they need to call it something else.

NaCl does pass all of the OpenGL ES 2.0 conformance tests or will by v1.0

That this question arises at all demonstrates that something is lacking in Khronos's marketing and enforcement of its marks.

Regards

    -Mark