Re: [Public WebGL] New Rendering Pipeline ?

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 02:13, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
The differences between WebGL and OpenGL ES 2.0, which were intended
to allow it to run on top of D3D, are in the WebGL specification.

May be off-topic but I could not find any similar document for Native Client's OpenGL ES 2.0 ?
I assume both WebGL and NaCl's ES 2.0 could be using the same backend therefore NaCl's ES 2.0 should have the same limitations ?
Afaik NaCl documentation currently pretends to be "pure" ES 2.0.

Any insight on this ? Kenneth ? Gregg ?
To use the OpenGL ES 2.0 name or mark an implementation is supposed to pass the OpenGL 2.0 ES conformance tests. So NaCl (a.k.a. salt) ought to be "pure" ES 2.0. If it is not, they need to call it something else.

That this question arises at all demonstrates that something is lacking in Khronos's marketing and enforcement of its marks.

Regards

    -Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
org:HI Corporation;Middleware Development
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660