Re: [Public WebGL] New Rendering Pipeline ?

WebGL is (essentially) built on top of either OpenGL, or OpenGL-ES - and
behaves more or less exactly like OpenGL-ES.

The rendering pipeline is therefore precisely the same as those graphics
libraries.  The only places where there are really any differences are
at the API level:

* Restrictions due to the fact we're running in a web browser (eg, for
the moment, there are no OpenGL extensions).
* Extensions to make things more convenient (eg the ability to load a
texture from disk with a single command)
* Things made necessary by the need to interface to JavaScript rather
than C/C++  (eg The Float32Array stuff).

So you should read OpenGL or OpenGL ES documentation - and you'll have a
pretty solid understanding of what's going on.

Your description is essentially correct - except, perhaps that the last
step ("Framebuffer") is really "HTML5 <canvas>" - which is then
composited into the real frame buffer by the browser.

  -- Steve