[Public WebGL] Shader validator issue.

I think I may have found a validator bug.

This shader is boiled down to the bare essentials from a much bigger
example...

#ifdef GL_ES
precision highp float;
#endif

uniform sampler2D diffuseMap ;

void main()
{
  gl_FragColor = texture2DLod ( diffuseMap, vec2(0.5,0.5), 0.0 ) ;
}

It compiles and runs just fine under last nights' Firefox/Minefield in
both Linux & Windows with the validator disabled - but fails with this
error with the validator turned on:

  Error compiling shader:
  ERROR: 0:10: 'texture2DLod' : no matching overloaded function found
  ERROR: 0:10: 'assign' : cannot convert from 'const mediump float'
               to 'FragColor mediump 4-component vector of float'
  ERROR: 2 compilation errors. No code generated.
  GL Error: 1281 in loadShaderPairFromString

(It also fails in more sane cases, like when the second parameter is a
simple varying texCoord and when the third parameter is a float variable).

Is there a problem with texture2DLod?  I think I'm using it correctly per
page 77 of
http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/specs/2.0/GLSL_ES_Specification_1.0.17.pdf

It says:

  vec4 texture2DLod (sampler2D sampler, vec2 coord, float lod)

Eh?

  -- Steve