Re: [Public WebGL] Proposed change to WebGL Event definition

On Aug 20, 2010, at 10:02 AM, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

> Looks good to me, and nicely solves the "give more info if we have to return null".  It might be nice to add a status code that says something like "isn't available, might be soon" and then another for "became available" -- I'm thinking of the case where the browser wants to query the user if they want to allow WebGL.

My small concern there is that such a message might be a security and/or privacy violation. It would give the author information that the user is being asked a question and has responded negatively. Seems like you want to tell the author nothing when the dialog comes up. But I'm no security expert...

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com