Re: [Public WebGL] Linux/Firefox performance.

Interestingly, neither one has hardware compositing enabled yet.  The performance issues that you're seeing on Linux are largely due to us trying to actually use various X features/extensions (RENDER in particular), instead of just assuming that doing it in software is going to be faster; 99% of the time it actually is.  If we switch to using OpenGL for the compositing on linux, all that goes away, and we'd like to do that for Firefox 4, but as I said there are a few other things in the pipeline ahead of it.  However, at this point we're probably talking about timelines on the order of weeks, as a bunch of stuff is coming together now :-)  Linux is our lowest priority for this though, so it might lag behind other platforms.

    - Vlad