[Public WebGL] Effects of Completeness on Texture Image Specification

Hi List,

I am reading the GL ES 2.0.24 spec and find this at the end of section 3.7.10:

"An implementation may allow a texture image array of level one or greater to be
created only if a complete set of image arrays consistent with the requested array
can be supported."

If we want WebGL to run identically on all GL ES implementations, I suppose that means that we have to be strictest here, that is, in texImage2D and friends, require that condition. Do you agree?

Possibly related question: the test conformance/texture-active-bind.html is doing this sub-test:

  gl.copyTexImage2D(gl.TEXTURE_2D, 1, gl.RGBA, 0, 0, 5, 3, 0);
  glErrorShouldBe(gl, gl.INVALID_VALUE,
      "copyTexImage2D with NPOT texture with level > 0 should return INVALID_VALUE.");

I can't find such a condition being requested anywhere else in the GL ES spec. Do I correctly infer that the author of this test already was enforcing what I am proposing at the beginning of this email?

Cheers,
Benoit